- Menzies LLP
- Southampton, Hampshire (GB)
- Closing date
- 29 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Are you a Qualified or Part-Qualified Audit Senior?
We are looking for an Audit Senior to join our Solent office Audit team.
We would consider Qualified or Part Qualified candidates with ideally 2 years' work experience and professional exam stage completed, so if in doubt, please apply to discuss your level of experience further.
The purpose of this role is to play a key part of the audit team ensuring that audit planning, fieldwork and completion is performed to a sufficient standard, ultimately resulting in the ability for Menzies to sign audit reports.
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinate planning with clients, including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Business development including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects.
- Development and supervision of trainees.
- ACA / ACCA / CA qualified or part-qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Recent experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice
- Experience of leading external audit assignments from planning to completion stages under International Standards on Auditing
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across
- Sound knowledge of key risks applicable to specific audits and aware of own limitations and when to ask for assistance
Interested in a career in business & advisory? Then why not train with one of the most dynamic and fastest growing firms of Chartered Accountants in the South East and become an expert advisor to SME businesses!
Menzies, a top 25 firm of Chartered Accountants, was established in 1912. Since then we have grown to become one of the largest firms in the South East servicing all kinds of businesses across a range of industries. We have 8 offices, each of which is situated in the heart of the local community, and enjoy long term relationships with both local and national clients.
At Menzies, we offer trainees all the benefits of working in a smaller team environment – personable, friendly and supportive – but with the same commitment to training and varied long-term career prospects offered by the larger firms. We provide all-round professional training with plenty of support, paid study leave, tutoring, specialised courses, personal guidance and a competitive salary, which is reviewed bi-annually and on passing exams.
- 01483 755000
1st Floor, Midas House
62 Goldsworth Rd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert