Internal Audit Senior-Business Partnering-UK, EMEA & Americas
- Michael Page
- London, England
- GBP55000 - GBP60000 per annum + Bonus, free lunch & other benefits
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Working closely with the Internal Audit Manager & Head of Internal Audit in a role which is a mix of audit & risk with a business partnering focus.
The client I am partnered with at present are one of my favourite clients out of those that I've worked with in the last 7 years of Internal Audit recruitment.
They have a smaller Internal Audit function in the UK comprising of 2 people (a Manager and potentially you) with a Head of Internal Audit in Europe and a wider team based across Europe to engage with and learn from. The function has a strong reputation within the business and stakeholders are keen to engage with the audit team, using them not only to provide assurance but also on a variety on advisory projects.
This client is a household name and owns further brands that you may not have expected! They are the type of business who will spark interest within friendship circles and one that you'll be able to engage with when performing audits.
As a business, they excel at providing internal opportunities so whilst you may start in internal audit, you'll be able to explore options in finance, data analytics, procurement or whatever function sparks your interest.
The business values business partnering and whilst this role will require you to have the core Internal Audit and Risk Management skills, the role also has a heavy business partnering element.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting with the preparation of the risk-based audit plan.
- Engaging with key stakeholders through presentations and discussions of complex audit matters.
- Leading on follow-up reporting to stakeholders and working in partnership with them to address these actions..
- Lead governance forums within the business to ensure understanding of internal audit activities.
- Working with the Executive Committee and senior leadership team to ensure continued engagement in Internal Audit
- Contributing to the risk identification process under the Group Enterprise Risk Management and Reporting process, liaising with stakeholders to identify emerging and changing risks
- Delivering fraud / other ethics-related investigations, acting with confidence to ensure effective stakeholder management.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of departmental performance via relationship management, seeking customer feedback and ongoing self-development.
- Deputising for the local Head of Audit / Internal Audit Manager
- Professional accountancy or internal audit qualification is preferable (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA).
- Demonstrable experience of internal or external audit, internal controls, risk management, project assurance or assurance advisory audit.
- Understanding of corporate risk management frameworks and the evolving risk management landscape
- An inquisitive approach, with the ability to operate in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Ethical, honest, people-focused and objective approach to work
- The desire to contribute to a function and make real change within a business
This is an opportunity to work in a fun, inclusive, high-performing business where you can grow your career either within Internal Audit & Risk or alternative business areas.
- 10 - 20% Annual bonus
- Subsidised on-site Cafe
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Private Dental insurance
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase 5 extra days
- Product Allowance
- Flexible Working
- 1-2 in office
- 15% Travel across Europe & the UK
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert