Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
A career in our Non Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.Our team helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
The Central Practice consists of 5 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands, Milton Keynes, Bristol and Cardiff. With a rapidly growing, dynamic marketplace, more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Central Audit practice is a great place to build a career. We’ve a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through to major public sector organisations, FTSE100 members and large global businesses.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge into how businesses run, gain direct access to internal stakeholders and clients and work with an unrivalled range of organisations we audit. A rewarding career path awaits, join our team to develop yourself as a professional and benefit from the wide range of development opportunities available at PwC.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Using your team and relationship management skills to ensure that your’s and the audit team’s documentation - from planning to completion of an Audit, meets PwC and regulatory standards;
· Completing a variety of areas of audit work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions;
· Building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during the Audit;
· Delegating to others to provide learning opportunities and coaching to help deliver the most effective audit approach;
· Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC, managing a variety of views and consulting where appropriate;
· Developing new insights and proposing innovative solutions to help enhance audit quality; and
· Put the team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Be Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
· Part qualified ACA/ACCA/ICAS at point of application and working towards your full qualification (you will need to be time and exam qualified prior to your start date)
· Experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and international standards on auditing;
· Strong organisational skills, experience of undertaking audit from planning to completion and a track record of challenging yourself and others to complete high quality testing and documentation;
· Ability to establish and nurture relationships which includes communicating clearly with colleagues and organisations we audit;
· Ability to review the work of others’, providing commentary and feedback to support the teams technical development and enhance audit quality;
· Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.