- Hays Senior Finance
- England, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- GBP45000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Construction and property
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Payroll and Benefits Manager, Oxford
Your new company
A construction consultancy business based in North Oxford.
Your new role
- Ensure the smooth running of payroll for circa 1000 employees
- Take full ownership for the execution of payroll, pension, HMRC payments and benefit schemes
- Liaise with our outsourced payroll provider Cascade
- Ensure that the appropriate checks and reconciliations take place to support effective payroll controls in line with team performance standards
- Data input as required for P11Ds, tax year end, P60s, PSAs etc. and act as the main point of contact on benefits
- Work with the Head of Reward to review the current benefit offering and offer suggestions
- Manage audit requests both internally and externally, ensuring swift delivery of documents/data required
- Proactively streamline processes and systems to improve ways of working and make them more efficient and scalable as the business grows
- Be accountable for data integrity in systems, embedding robust quality assurance and control mechanisms into new processes to ensure compliance and exemplary data management
- Complete compliance audits in conjunction with key stakeholders, ensuring the relevant employee documents and systems are maintained and accurate
- Ensure compliance with regulations and legal requirements, including tax and pay law changes, as well as all related aspects of GDPR
- Manage a Payroll Advisor by setting a great personal example, enabling the individual to do their best work and helping them to grow and develop
What you'll need to succeed
- A proven track record in managing payroll
- Experience of RTI, P60s, P11Ds, PSA and dealing with HMRC
- An ability to operate a broad range of computer packages, including advanced skills in current Microsoft applications and familiarity with HRIS
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex payroll concepts to non-payroll stakeholders
- Knowledge of GDPR and implications for HR processes and data management
- The ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment and to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives
What you'll get in return
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- And much more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert