Senior Financial Accountant - Transport- £60-65k
- Hays Senior Finance
- West End, England, London / London, England / England, City of London, London
- GBP50000.00 - GBP60000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Transport and logistics
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Your new company
You will be working for an industry-leading, award-winning transport operator working on an exciting project based in the City of London. Sitting within a medium-size finance team providing a fantastic opportunity to join a well-know company at an exciting time. The business has a turnover of c. £200 million and is constantly growing.
Your new role
You will be working as a Senior Financial Accountant reporting to the Head of Finance. Key responsibilities include:
- Full production of the statutory accounts
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations including payroll, fixed assets & taxes
- Producing short-term cash forecasts and analysing opportunities to maximise budget
- Full responsibility of all tax returns including VAT, CIS, PSA & Corporation tax
- Liaise with auditors for financial year-end and the group's calendar year-end
- Involvement with ad-hoc project work to support the Head of Finance & FD
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a recently ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with exposure to preparing statutory accounts looking for your next role. Must have strong communication skills and eagerness to get involved with the team.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a generous benefits package including free TfL travel for you and another nominated person of your choice. Fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to gain exposure in industry working for an exciting company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert