- Carter Backer Winter LLP (CBW), part of Gravita
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Competitive London Salary
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time, Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
You just can’t put your finger on it, can you?
You probably aren’t massively unhappy where you are, but you’re itching for a change, something new. . . it might be bigger clients, maybe some large complex groups, more flexible working, better defined career progression, a lively social bunch all motivating each other, better money (we know this matters too), or just to feel looked after and valued.
Picture this, you would be joining an ambitious top 60, 15 partner practice at a time when the audit team is growing, although there are 165 employees you get to become part of the 35 strong partner led audit team stepping into an Audit Senior role with defined career progression to Supervisor and beyond!
Because you have been working in audit for a couple of years, we don’t need to list your day-to-day duties when it comes to undertaking an audit. 80% of your job role is going to be audit focused, with the remainder of your time leaning towards preparing accounts to comply with UK GAAP and taxation.
You will be getting stuck into a variety of audits covering numerous sectors with turnovers ranging from £5-50million. If you have any large group experience it would be well utilised within the team as they currently look after several complex groups, and are winning some big work, thanks to recommendations and our membership of an international association.
For non-audit assignments, you will be preparing statutory and non-statutory accounts for corporate clients, LLPs and sole traders, this will also include abbreviated company accounts, full company accounts and group accounts.
As an Audit Senior you are given a good level of responsibility from the start. Monitoring audits, working closely with clients, communicating findings and using your experience to support the development of the junior team members who are studying towards their accounting qualifications.
The Nitty Gritty
Feel free to check out our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor) and visit the FAQ section on our careers page to see how we are continuing to support everyone, including adopting a successful hybrid working model (2 days at home, 3 days in the office).
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- ACA or ACCA qualified, with at least 1 year’s PQE gained within an audit focused role, experience of working with group audits would go down really well with the team, but this isn’t essential.
- Accounts & Tax experience- around 20% of your time will be spent preparing financial accounts and corporate tax computations for review. You will need to be technically up to date in these areas.
- IT skills- in a world of automation you are no doubt comfortable working with a whole variety of systems including all the mastery that Excel is capable of. You would be working with ProAudit, Xero, CCH and SAGE and Viztopia here too.
- Strong Technical skills- up to date knowledge of UK financial reporting standards.
- Communication skills- not just the ability to delegate work, but to motivate your team, deliver feedback to Managers on job statuses and put professional emails together. We also need you to be able to listen, to any client concerns or queries as well as information from Managers, Directors and Partners.
- Commercial acumen- what does this really mean? In this case, the ability to really add value to a client and spot cross selling opportunities.
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us:-
15 Partner, Top 60 City based Accountancy Practice - Tick
Recognised for staff development - Tick
Flexible benefits package - Tick
Flexible working hours, including work from home/Hybrid - Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down every day, beer fridge, foosball table etc) -
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.
CCBW is part of Gravita, the full service, top 30 firm of audit, accounting, tax and business advisors.
With 15 partners and a team of over 165 professional and support staff, we are a firm that is small enough to care about you and big enough to create great career opportunities.
Our team offers a powerful combination of business and financial insights, ensuring informed decision-making by individuals and businesses. Our practical knowledge is relied upon for effective wealth management, business start-ups and sales, investment in assets and innovation, overseas expansion, tax efficiencies, regulatory compliance and profitable growth. And through our international association, DFK International, we have the reach and partnerships to support our clients wherever they operate.
CBW is an organisation committed to continuous learning and development, whether you’re a graduate just starting out on your career or a qualified professional with several years of experience.
Check out our social media platforms to get an insight into what life is like here at CBW.
- 020 7309 3800
66 Prescot Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert