Audit Senior / Supervisor
- St Albans, Hertfordshire (GB)
- Very Competitive benchmarked against market rates
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 with excellent transport links into London (20 mins) and across Hertfordshire
Salary: Very Competitive Salary + Benefits package dependent upon qualifications and experience
Do you want to develop your career in an established accountancy and advisory practice with a reputation for fresh thinking and flexibility?
Due to continued growth in the last 2 years we are looking for a full time Audit Senior or Supervisor to join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated audit professional to take responsibility for a portfolio of UK SME general practice clients. Our ideal candidate will be commercial and proactive in fee development, and regularly attend networking and business development events.
The successful candidate will be a positive, organised and details-oriented person who manages their time effectively and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong IT skills are required, however all in-house systems training will be provided.
Our client base is made up of a range of SMEs and includes, manufacturers, a wide range of professional service firms, IT developers, property investors and developers, hospitality businesses and not-for-profit entities. You will be in direct contact with clients face-to-face, over the phone/video meetings and by email, so excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• helping to deliver technically accurate audit files within a commercial framework
• preparation of statutory accounts
• preparation of basic corporation tax computations
• effectively delegating work and mentoring the team
• providing feedback to junior and senior team members regarding quality of
Skills and experience
• Confident, articulate and an effective communicator at all levels
• Well-presented and professional
• Patience in training colleagues
• ACA/ACCA Fully Qualified
• experience auditing UK SME clients
• Strong time management skills
• Commercial and proactive approach to client engagement
Working at WMT
WMT takes a refreshingly modern approach to accountancy. We work closely and proactively with clients to help them remain compliant, manage their finances and achieve their ambitions. Our team pride themselves on being approachable and offering ‘down to earth’ advice.
Working from our contemporary office in the heart of St Albans, Hertfordshire, you will be welcomed into our ever-growing team. Regardless of your role you can expect to be fully supported in developing your career.
We operate a hybrid working pattern with the opportunity to combine office and client working with some home working.
Helping to strike an all-important work-life balance our social committee also regularly organise evenings and outings, creating a fun and inclusive place to work.
Salary & benefits package:
- Competitive salary that is regularly benchmarked against market rates
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
- Additional holiday purchase
- Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
- Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
- Income Protection Insurance
- Professional subscription fees paid
- Benefits and Wellbeing portal offering discounts on shopping, a Wellbeing Centre, and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous Employee Referral scheme
- Numerous subsidised social events and activities organised by our Social Committee
- Business Casual dress
- Kitchen stocked with free fruit, snacks, breakfast items, hot and cold drinks
- Flu vaccination
- Hybrid working for most roles
- Study support for professional qualifications if applicable
- Extensive Learning and Development Opportunities
For more information or to arrange an informal chat, please email email@example.com.
Working with business owners and directors, trustees and private individuals, WMT provides a broad range of audit and assurance, accounting, tax, and business advice services that help organisations to run effectively and achieve their growth and development goals.
- 01727 838255
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert