Interim Financial Accountant
- Michael Page
- Merseyside, England, Liverpool
- GBP250 - GBP350 per day
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Public sector and government
- Salary band
- £150 - £300 per day, £300 - £450 per day
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From home
Interim Financial Accountant opportunity available. Public Sector Organisation based in Liverpool.
My client is a large, highly prestigious public sector organisation based in the Liverpool area. Looking for an Interim Financial Accountant to join their team on a remote working basis for a 6 month period whilst they are in the process of recruiting the permanent position.
The responsibilities of the Interim Financial Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and submit responses to all requests by the organisation's sponsor body for financial information, including the monthly Grant-in-Aid claim and annual C-Pack return.
- Monitor the Capital Programme, supervise the Capital Accountant and provide monthly reports to management.
- Monitor the Projects Programme (Restricted and Unrestricted) and provide monthly reports to management.
- Prepare and submit all claims for Tax Relief.
- Provide information and advice on all taxation related matters, including review of all returns made to HMRC.
- Ensure accurate accounting for all organisation investments.
- Draft the annual report and accounts for all subsidiary organisations, manage the associated audit process.
- Complete Group annual report and accounts.
- Support change programmes and efficiency reviews across the Group.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIPFA) ESSENTIAL
- Experience of creating financial management information ESSENTIAL
- Experience of working with tax advisers and responding to HMRC requests ESSENTIAL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills ESSENTIAL
- Be immediately available or on a week's notice period ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience within a public sector organisation DESIRABLE
Up to £350.00 on a daily rate + Interim Financial Accountant opportunity + weekly pay + remote working + Immediate start
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert