Interim Financial Accountant opportunity available. Public Sector Organisation based in Liverpool.
My client is a large, highly prestigious public sector organisation based in the Liverpool area. Looking for an Interim Financial Accountant to join their team on a remote working basis for a 6 month period whilst they are in the process of recruiting the permanent position.
The responsibilities of the Interim Financial Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and submit responses to all requests by the organisation's sponsor body for financial information, including the monthly Grant-in-Aid claim and annual C-Pack return.
- Monitor the Capital Programme, supervise the Capital Accountant and provide monthly reports to management.
- Monitor the Projects Programme (Restricted and Unrestricted) and provide monthly reports to management.
- Prepare and submit all claims for Tax Relief.
- Provide information and advice on all taxation related matters, including review of all returns made to HMRC.
- Ensure accurate accounting for all organisation investments.
- Draft the annual report and accounts for all subsidiary organisations, manage the associated audit process.
- Complete Group annual report and accounts.
- Support change programmes and efficiency reviews across the Group.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIPFA) ESSENTIAL
- Experience of creating financial management information ESSENTIAL
- Experience of working with tax advisers and responding to HMRC requests ESSENTIAL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills ESSENTIAL
- Be immediately available or on a week's notice period ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience within a public sector organisation DESIRABLE
Up to £350.00 on a daily rate + Interim Financial Accountant opportunity + weekly pay + remote working + Immediate start