Financial Reporting Senior
- Hays Senior Finance
- Ipswich, England, Suffolk
- Closing date
- 25 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000, £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Financial reporting senior job in Ipswich
Hays are recruiting a Financial Services Senior for a large accountancy and business advisory firm in Ipswich. At this leading, top 10 firm you can be yourself - you will be valued as an individual and encouraged to realise and reach your career aspirations. You will be given the challenge and support you need shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. You will be recognised and rewarded for your high performance and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of clients largely within the SME space, producing financial statements under a range of accounting frameworks including FRS 102 and IFRS.
In this role you'll also:
- Prepare statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks.
- Prepare consolidations and cash flow for year-end statutory accounts and year end accounting files accounting files for audit either by internal and external auditors.
- Identify potential issues with the consolidation along with the proposing solutions.
- Assist in research of complex technical area and offer solutions.
- Assist in preparing IFRS 9, IFRS 16, share options, and adding accounting entries to tax papers.
- Comply with the Ethics Standard 5 for non-audit services.
- Understand the logic of a cashflow statement enabling issues to be identifies and solutions proposed.
To be successful you will be
- Qualified Accountant ACA, CA or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS102, IFRS with the ability to apply both accounting frameworks
- Experience in a trainee or senior role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation or audit services to large businesses.
- Excellent working knowledge of financial reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts, consolidations and cash flows.
- Working knowledge of IFRSs.
- Evidence of ability to research technical accounting matters.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of Caseware and other relevant accounts production software
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert