Hays are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller on a 12 month Fixed Term Contact to start in May
Your new company
This not for profit based in Central Bristol are currently looking for a Financial Controller on a 12 month fixed term contract to report into the Head of Finance, based at their office in Central Bristol.
Your new role
Reporting into the Head of Finance, they are looking for a technically strong Financial Controller to join the business on a 12 month FTC to start in May. The person is required to manage a small team of 3 people along with other the following duties and responsibilities:
- Take the lead on all financial accounting maters including audit, VAT, fixed assets, statutory returns and all financial controls.
- Treasury management including cashflow forecasts
- Maintain a strong financial control function for a group of companies, range in size
- Work with senior managers from across the business along with taking a lead role in the finance team
- Work with HR in managing payroll
- Production of repots for the finance and performance committee.
- Produce annual forecasts, compared with finance business plans explaining key variances
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for a qualified accountant with a good understanding of financial regulations and general accounting practices. You should have a good knowledge of VAT and an up to date understanding of best financial practice. You should have strong experience in a financial controls environment and be able to develop relationships across the business. This role is a fixed term contract to start in the summer, lasting for 12 months.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.