- Michael Page
- Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
- GBP45000 - GBP50000 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Public sector and government
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
In this role the successful candidate will complete the monthly management accounts, forecasting and accompanying trading packs explaining the monthly and year to date variances to budget and forecast.
This role is within one of HMP's newest purpose built resettlement prisons which fosters a purposeful environment that reflects life in the wider community. This is a hybrid role which will require time on site but also offers flexibility for home working.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of management accounts for interpretation by financial and non-financial management.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to line management to assist in their interpretation and understanding of financial statements and the financial position of their operations and decisions.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to meet company and statutory requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors and other third parties as needed to ensure full compliance with company and statutory requirements.
- Assist in the development of new financial processes such that the financial improvements and benefits are realised and the true financial position is maintained and represented.
- Ensure that all assets and liabilities are accurately recorded and reconciled so that company and statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure all company financial policies and procedures are adhered to at all times so that consistency and compliance is maintained.
- Support operational management providing financial and commercial advice for the resolution of contractual issues.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
- Qualified accountant
- Considerable finance experience
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Up to £50,000 per annum
- Hybrid working
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert