Senior Finance Manager
- Michael Page
- Hampshire, Southampton, England
- GBP50000 - GBP65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Business and management
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
To partner with the management to spearhead the growth and profitability of the group of small companies.
A fast growth SME with an excellent progression plan.
- Production of management accounts and MIS to the board.
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors.
- Responsible for the provision of cash flow predictions. ▪ Management of the cash flow process.
- Development of robust financial controls.
- Responsible for financial forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- Develop and document accounting policies and processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Form part of and contribute to the Senior Management Team meetings.
- Take ownership and proactively manage any issues raised by your clients.
- Promptly escalate any cause of concern that is beyond your control to your line manager.
- Ensure Pay Check is in compliance with ISO, GDPR and relevant legislation.
- Actively manage the well-being and performance of your team members.
- Take an active role in the career progression of your team members.
- Identify skill gaps and support members of your team.
- Take ownership of building a positive relationship with the clients/stakeholders allocated to your team.
▪ Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA or equivalent [Essential].
▪ 1-3 years post qualification, or demonstrable equivalent level of experience [Essential].
▪ Proficiency with accounting systems [Essential].
▪ Advanced level Microsoft Excel [Essential].
▪ Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint [Essential].
▪ Experienced in financial modelling [Essential].
▪ Experienced in processing BACS [Preferable].
▪ Experienced in working in a payroll bureau [Preferable].
▪ Experienced in line management [Preferable].
A fast growth organisation with a lot of progression opportunity and operational involvement.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert