Head of Finance
- Hays Senior Finance
- Hampshire, England / Hampshire, England, Southampton
- GBP75000.00 - GBP95000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £70,000 - £80,000, £80,000 - £90,000, £90,000 - £100,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Head of Finance for Manufacturing Organisation in Southampton
Your new company
A multi-country manufacturing organisation based in Southampton are looking to recruit a Head of Finance. This role is pivotal within the Southampton site and is required to liaise with key stakeholders across the business and report into the US.
Your new role
Responsible for the efficient development and supply of financial information and services as a basis for management control and to advise the Director on all matters concerning finance. To provide insights and analytics which drive growth whilst optimising efficiency from a financial standpoint.
- Lead the local finance team reporting into the local Managing Director
- Prepare Financial reports for the board that advise them of the Financial position of the Company relative to Forecast, Budget and Prior Year results
- Support a wide stakeholder group by creating and providing insightful management information through detailed business analytics
- Account for international fluctuations in currency to ensure the management team are fully aware of the impact on the financial numbers
- To plan, co-ordinate and control all activities within the accounts department including costing, credit control (supported by customer service), purchase ledger , general ledger and bank & cash
- Lead the local audit process with the external auditors
- Drive process improvement projects which enable the finance function to operate in a more efficient manner
- To keep up-to-date with Financial standards
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant or Qualified by Experience
- Accountable by nature
- Developed leadership and influencing skills
- Engaging personality - able to communicate across all levels through the board
- Team player
- Can demonstrate evidence of process improvement
- Ability to work across and influence across a range of disciplines
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles highly desirable
- Ability to work with technical people
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Management Bonus Scheme
- On-site gym
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Access to discounts and benefits portal
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert