Technical Standards, Financial Reporting - Manager
- Michael Page
- London, England
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
As a Manager in the Technical Standards department of this large accountancy firm, you will provide technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting matters.
This role fits within the technical department of an international firm of accountants.
As a Manager in the Technical Standards department, you will provide technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting matters.
Predominantly internally focussed, the department works mainly with the firm's audit stream, but also interacts with tax, corporate finance and forensic services teams.
Principal activities include:
- Reviewing the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards and relevant company law and regulatory requirements;
- Providing clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries relating to IFRSs, UK GAAP and related company law and regulation;
- Developing financial reporting tools and guidance for use by the firm's partners and staff;
- Preparing and presenting financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally; and
- Writing articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications.
- A manager in the team would be expected to undertake work in all of these areas, with limited supervision.
The role would be particularly suited to an individual with experience of working within the technical department of another major firm of accountants, although it would also be suited to an auditor demonstrating a strong technical aptitude looking to move into a technical role.
- A strong working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102), the Companies Act and related regulation, with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions.
- Practical experience of the review of the annual reports of private and publicly traded companies.
- A genuine desire to continue to develop your expertise and gain relevant experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A desire to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals.
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
Excellent salary and benefits.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert