Head Of Finance
- Michael Page
- Coventry, West Midlands, England
- GBP60000 - GBP65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
To assist the Financial Controller in the running of the finance function of the business in an efficient and accurate manner being an integral part of process and system's continual improvement.
This exciting Head of Finance roles is a Number 2 position in wider finance team.
An exciting Number 2 position in a Finance team for a retail business with head office based in Coventry.
- Production of management accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain an accurate cashflow forecasting model.
- Assist the Financial Controller and divisional General Managers with the preparation of refurbishment or new development budgets for Board approval.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the annual budget setting process and subsequent quarterly re-forecasting.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Provide any further financial information to the Management Executive to enable appropriate decision making.
- Have a working knowledge off all aspects the Finance function with the ability to provide holiday & sickness cover when required.
- Management of wider Finance team as Head of Finance
- Have a working understanding of VAT & Banking processes within the business.
- Retail experience preferred
- Accountancy Qualification ACCA/ACA/CIMA or significant experience within a similar role
- Experience of managing a finance team
- Knowledge of current accounting technical updates
- Knowledge of Partial Exemption VAT calculations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Analytically minded individual capable of prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
- Up to £65,000 PA
- Coventry based
- Hybrid working
- A competitive pension scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Staff discount
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert