Group Financial Accountant
- Michael Page
- England, Bristol
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
This role is focused on financial reporting, audit and analysis, as well as working closely with the wider finance group to proactively identify issues and opportunities to drive efficiency of the group.
My client are a PLC professional services organisation.
- You will be responsible for statutory financial reporting for all entities within the group, including preparation of consolidation entries and consolidated financial statements.
- You will support the group's external audit engagements end to end.
- Responsible for the preparation of technical accounting workings and papers for senior manager review and be able to explain clearly to other members of the team.
- Ensure that all provisions for corporation tax are prepared appropriately, submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with.
- Assisting the Group to fulfil its capital, dividend and financing strategies through analysis of results, budgets and forecasts, financial statements and investor presentations.
- Be able to identify and implement improvements in existing processes, controls and documentations.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA or CIMA)
- Solid understanding of IFRS9, IFRS15 and IFRS16
- First-hand experience of statutory reporting for a group company
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Salary up to £55,000
- Hybrid working
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert