Interim Finance Manager role in Bath
- Hays Senior Finance
- Bath, Somerset, England
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £150 - £300 per day, £300 - £450 per day
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
3 month interim finance assignment starting ASAP
Your new company
The main focus of the role, is producing & reviewing the Management Accounts prior to consolidation by the Financial Accountant. There is also a drive to increase and improve the reporting at group, entity and sub P&L levels and liaising with the wider business.
- Hands on interim accounting role
- Line managing a team of 3
- Produce management accountants for several entities in several currencies
- Review/ undertake balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with wider business & budget holders - relationship building
- Full-time interim role- 3 days a week required on site (Tues/Wed/Thurs)
- Teams 1 stage interview next week - to start as soon as possible
You will also be involved in working with the Transactional Manager to improve the coding of invoices and with the Financial Accountant, to reconcile and review the balance sheet recs. You will also be responsible for cashflow forecasts and VAT returns. There will also be line management of the Revenue and Margin Analyst and Assistant Management Accountant.
Ideally, you will need to be able to commute into the central Bath office 2-3 times per week.
- Prepare and review the Management Accounts for all group entities
- Prepare and distribute a suite of sub P&L's including Website and Overhead Department summaries
- Responsible for line managing the Revenue and Margin Accountant and Assistant Management Accountant
- Assist with the annual budget production
- Ad hoc analysis to better understand variances or trends
- Prepare Group Cashflow forecasts by entity / currency to support FX trades
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and keep abreast of tax changes impacting the Group
- Have the capability and confidence to raise issues and identify weak processes and to draw upon the wider team to help resolve them
- Assist in raising the profile of the finance team across the Group
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Experience within similar roles
- Line management experience
- Confidence in challenging processes
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available
- 3 month interim assignment starting as soon as possible
- Competitive daily rate - paid weekly
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Hays Bristol/Bath finance team. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert