- Michael Page
- England, Bicester, Oxfordshire
- GBP60000 - GBP80000 per annum + 10% bonus
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Construction and property
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000, £80,000 - £90,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
The Finance Manager role will initially be need to be 'hands on' as the client seek to establish itself as a much more significant housebuilder that can operate at scale and across a wider geography. Working with the CFO, take control of the financial management, accounting and budgeting/forecasting of the business and implement improved systems and processes
The client have developed the concept of Climate Positive homes. In early 2022 a large player acquired a majority stake in my client and their investment will help us to significantly expand our capacity and increase our ambition across the whole of the UK. We have recently moved into a new office and factory in Bicester that will help us drive that expansion.
Introducing and controlling first rate financial accounting systems and software
- Taking a hands-on role in the implementation of a new accounting/MI system fit for the future growth of this client
- Development and implementation of an MI framework that facilitates robust and detailed P&L and cash flow management, including at the project/site level, working with the QS function as required
Producing high quality and accurate management information, budgets and forecasts
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly management information and internal reports that facilitates detailed management and assessment of business performance against budgets / KPIs
Supplier / Sub-contractor management
- Day-to-day management of financial aspects (eg. Accounts Payable) of our relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors, working with QS, Site, Factory and other colleagues as appropriate
Financial Reporting and Taxation
- Responsibility for the preparation of our financial statements, including the year-end audit process
- Preparation of taxation returns, working with external accountants as required, including CIS and VAT
- Being a key part of the Finance Team's role in facilitating the continued strategic growth and development of the business. For example, assessing the financial impact of new projects, JVs or other strategic opportunities
Helping build a finance team
- Helping recruit and manage other team members as required to ensure that the Finance Team can support our growth ambitions
The successful candidate will be:
- Experience at a Finance Manager level or track record that demonstrates the ability to step up to a Finance Manager role
- Housebuilding experience, including knowledge of construction accounting / MI software and relevant accounting standards, is desired
- A confident "can do" personality with the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally and work collaboratively across the company
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines with the capacity to multi-task on several projects
- Fully Qualified Accountant (eg. ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
On offer for the successful candidate is a salary of £60,000 - £80,000 depending on experience alongside a benefits package including (but ever improving due to a new HR team); electric vehicle scheme, pension and a 10% bonus.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert