Senior Finance Analyst
- Michael Page
- England, London
- GBP400 - GBP500 per day
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Public sector and government
- Salary band
- £300 - £450 per day, over £450 per day
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
SENIOR FINANCE ANALYST - LOCAL AUTHORITY - IMMEDIATE START
My client is a local authority for a vibrant London Borough, well known for setting an example for ensuring that their residents and surrounding areas are thriving by continuously investing in new and innovative ways to drive improvement; They are looking for an experienced candidate to come in and lead their housing function.
- Oversee staff to ensure high performance and effective operational delivery, developing and improving staff capability
- Take responsibility as the senior financial advisor for a large portion of the budget
- Take ownership of unit costing exercises to ensure the best value for money and ensure improvement in financial performance
- To be the lead for a large portion of the technical accounting
- Lead the statutory financial reporting, ensuring that annual accounts, government returns and similar statistical submissions are completed on time and efficiently
- To advise on and maintain effective financial control and intervene when necessary, to prevent breaches of financial control
- Take responsibility for the operational/transnational functions, ie. payroll, pensions and HR management information
- Liaising with internal and external senior personnel, providing a high level of professional advice and assistance
- Take responsibility for and manage the Year-end reporting, group accounts, and modelling practices.
- assess investments on a case-by-case basis with the interests of the Local authority in mind
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Proven expertise advising on managing all aspects of large and complex budgets, delivering significant improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
- Candidates must have high-level experience in a similar housing function
- Competitive day rate
- Hybrid working
- Immediate start
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert