Financial Services Group Accountant
- Michael Page
- England, London
- Closing date
- 21 Apr 2023
- Public sector and government
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP ACCOUNTANT - PUBLIC ENTITY - PERMANENT
A Local Authority at the heart of London, dedicated to the people who live and work in its area, is looking to find a Group Accountant to join the Financial Services team on a permanent basis.
- This role will directly support the delivery of a comprehensive customer focused Finance Service to the executive management teams within the organisation.
- Working with members and senior officers towards developing and implementing the strategies of the organisation, making significant contributions towards the financial foundations required to deliver on corporate plans.
- Be a professional lead, providing financial expertise to customers, and proactively contributing to achieving the service vision of the organisation.
- Involvement in high-level projects, taking part in modelling, whole-life costing, options appraisals, business case preparation, and working with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience at a senior level in a complex environment
- Public sector experience is desired
- Competitive Salary
- Permanent employment
- Hybrid working
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert