Senior Program Accountant
- Robertson Bell on behalf of Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Canary Wharf
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF) is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Senior Program Accountant on a full-time basis.
TRF is an Independent charity, registered in the UK. We work to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights. Through news, media development, free legal assistance and convening initiatives, we combine our unique services to drive systemic change.
In this key role, the successful candidate will provide leadership and support to the CFO and the Senior Leadership Team on all aspects of Program Accounting, Reporting and manage 3 Program Accountants. The Senior Program Accountant will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely Financial Reporting for Programs in the organisation together with the Financial Controller.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Manage a team of 3 Program Accountants ensuring fair Program allocation and assume responsibility for cross-programmatic donors as agreed with the CFO.
- Support development budget proposal in collaboration with the Business Development, Program Team and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Responsible for correct and timely month end and year end reporting, financial governance, and donor reporting for a portfolio of Programs from inception to end ensuring Donor requirements.
- Ensure correct allocation of donor funds including costs allocation and cost recovery.
- Support Program Managers and other stakeholders deliver Program by providing timely monthly financial analysis / information and helping resolve financial queries.
- Manage and deliver timely and clean donor audits as required in collaboration with the Program Team and Financial Controller.
- Support the Reporting Team simplify and automate processes, procedures, and systems in TRF.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
TRF Vision: We believe that societies around the world should be free, fair and informed.
TRF Mission: We use the combined power of journalism and the law to build global awareness of critical issues faced by humanity, inspire collective leadership and help shape a prosperous world where no one is left behind.
The successful candidate will:
- Either be a Qualified Accountant or have significant knowledge of charity financial management and Donor Reporting
- Have experience in a leadership role in Program Accounting.
- Be an excellent communicator and have strong analytical and people skills.
- Has working knowledge of SAP and is adaptable to work with and learn any financial system.
- Have the ability to multi task, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
This opportunity will be based at the Thomson Reuters Foundation offices in Canary Wharf and offers flexible hybrid working arrangements along with fantastic employee benefits.
The closing date for applications is 10th April however applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to us as soon as possible. Apply now to be considered!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert