Interim Management Accountant
- Michael Page
- Warwick, Warwickshire, England
- GBP300 - GBP325 per day + (Inside IR35)
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Construction and property
- Salary band
- £300 - £450 per day
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
- Preparing monthly management accountants
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and forecasting
My client is an industry leader in the property and construction sector.
· Manage the consolidated monthly close process, ensuring a clean close of all sub-ledgers, interfaces, and accounting judgements, with the general ledger closed by WD3.
· Prepare and Process month end journals
· Preparation of monthly management reporting for the BU. Include commentary which explains both YTD and full year
forecast variances from budget (or forecast), for review by the FM and FD and incorporation in the monthly BUMT Board
Report. The analysis will reflect operational understanding.
· Prepare and Review balance sheet reconciliations, including entries and accounts managed by central teams (e.g. payroll
accounting), ensuring that items are correctly analysed and any accounting anomalies are cleared on a timely basis.
Highlight issues to the FM during review
· Account, forecast and report on cost excesses/ savings
· NGP Joint venture - Responsible for the production of management accounts and statutory accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, recharges, and preparation of board reporting for the JV.
· Liaise with all external and internal agencies on VAT/Tax and companies house returns.
· Liaise with the commercial team to account for excess and savings.
· Contribute to the annual budgeting and planning process
· Explanation and demonstration of the key budget outputs across BU departments, often to a non-financial audience.
· Ensure Finance Manual procedures are complied with and timely dispensation sought where appropriate.
· Support Finance Manager with the external and internal audit processes, as well as statutory account preparation as required
· Engage with the BU teams to ensure TW Group financial policy and statutory requirements are met and complied with throughout the BU
·Support Finance Manager and Finance Director by assisting in preparation of financial information in an efficient and timely manner
· Positively contribute to the Finance Leadership team to manage, guide and motivate the Finance team
·Provide cover for direct report and peers as required
· Other Ad hoc projects, processes and procedures as required.
- Qualified Accountant
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Good knowledge of complex ERP systems
- Communicate well
- £325-£350 a day (Inside)
- 6-9 month contract
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert