As Plant Controller you will be a key member of the plant management team, directing plant accounting practices, supervising all accounting functions related to the preparation of financial statements, internal controls, business planning, budgeting, expense control, analysing and making recommendations regarding profitability of the business, while liaising with non-financial management within the Company.
My client is a US owned manufacturing business who are market leaders in their sector. This plant turnovers over circa $50 million annually and is growing and receiving further investment from the Group.
- Act as a financial advisor to plant management providing relevant financial reports and analysis to assist business decision making
- Provide leadership and management to a team of staff for successful departmental performance
- Prepare and maintain correct books of account in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Timely & accurate financial analysis and reporting to business group management of actual, budget and forecast results
- Manage the accounting function for the Company, including Payables, Receivables, Payroll, Accounting and Standard Costing; liaising with Shared Services as necessary
- Design and implement sound internal controls that will ensure the safeguarding of company assets in a cost-effective manner and meet Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Take initiative to search for and recommend changes and improvements to systems and productivity measures
- Review KPI results and initiate remedial action when appropriate
- Establish and implement as required policies and procedures following accepted US GAAP, Local GAAP and Company concepts and standards
- Liaise with external authorities concerning the Company's interests such as Auditors, Insurance Brokers or their agents, HMRC etc.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Manufacturing experinece is essential
- Experinece of working for a US owned business - desirable
- The ability to plan effectively and prioritise work load
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience managing a small team
A competitive salary, car allowance and bonus as well as the opportunity to work on a hybrid working policy.