- Michael Page
- England, Chester, Cheshire
- GBP60000 - GBP80000 per annum
- Closing date
- 19 Apr 2023
- Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000, £80,000 - £90,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
This is a hands-on Financial Controller position, taking a leading role in a small finance function.
Fast growing successful business
Working as the Financial Controller, you will be in the detail to ensure there are robust financial controls in place and are adhered to by the team and wider business, with accuracy and completeness at the heart of all policies and procedures.
You will be the technical financial expert for the business and required to manage associated financial, regulatory and reputational risks.
The role will work closely with various stakeholders across the business, with the Executive team and Board, as well as external relationships with the auditors and lenders.
- Key requirements for the role include being an experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with previous experience in a Controllership or Senior Technical Finance role and demonstrable experience in line with the responsibilities. You will need to be resilient, willing to get stuck in, with an analytical - methodical approach, and paying particular attention to detail. You will need to be able to work autonomously with the ability to take the team on a journey and to deliver change in the way things are done. You will need strong technical systems skills, particularly Excel and experience of using CODA, Sage Intacct, PanCredit and SAS would be advantageous. Experience of FRS 102, Corporation Tax and VATExperience of leading a team Experience of FCA reporting submissions
- Casual dress Company events Company pension Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave Free parking Life insurance Referral programme Sick pay
- Wellness programme Hybrid working
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert