- Michael Page
- Wales, Cardiff
- GBP50000 - GBP55000 per annum + Plus Benefits & Bonus Scheme
- Closing date
- 19 Apr 2023
- Science and technology
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for the full finance function and will ultimately be the go to person for the financial data that helps ensure the company to continue its growth path.
You will be required to manage a small team while liaising with senior stakeholders across the business in order to drive improvements and ensure the decisions being made are commercially viable.
My client is a market leading second phase start-up that are undergoing year on year growth. A very exciting time to join the organisation with some very exciting plans ahead.
- Oversee and participate in posting of monthly journals, deferred income, accruals, and prepayments to take accounts to trial balance stage.
- Producing monthly management accounts, providing full and accurate information relative to performance versus budget/forecast.
- Providing an internal financial service to internal stakeholders as require
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting and implementing improvements as needed
- Accurately reflecting Company revenues in the distinct categories, Annual Recuring Revenues (ARR) and Monthly Recurring Revenues (MRR)
- Leading statutory reporting tasks such as the quarterly VAT returns etc
- Managing payroll and bookkeeping
- Oversee and control of invoicing and credit control.
- Qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) but QBE will be considered.
- Payroll processing and HMRC requirements
- A multi-currency/ international trade environment and dealing with FX would be beneficial
- Advanced Excel skills Preferred
- Familiarity with the accounting treatment applied to Saas (software as a service), deferred income, income recognition, MRR and ARR
- Excellent attention to detail and present work to a high standard.
- Good communicator with good negotiation skills
- A confident person able to engage with people at all levels of an organisation.
- A team player who can roll up their sleeves when needed to support others working towards a common company goal
- The chance to make a big difference in a growing business.
- Exposure to a high-growth business.
- Self-driven development opportunities
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Share options available for all employees.
- Hybrid working environment (2/3 days a week in the office)
- Central office in Cardiff - paid for parking
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert