Global Business Services Senior Manager
- Closing date
- 19 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
The GBS team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing team. To support our expanding client base, we require a Senior Manager to manage client relationships, our team and our business on a day-to-day basis.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Deliver exceptional client service, meeting our clients expectations with regard to delivery of period close in accordance with strict reporting deadlines and all other aspects of the project
- Build sustainable client relationships developing a clear understanding of requirements and develop highly motivated global delivery teams focused on exceptional client service
- Support Directors and Partners across GBS and BSO in expanding the business further, supporting delivery of strategy, while also creating a strong team identity and culture
- For a portfolio of key clients, manage client service and financial performance
- Manage risk at an operational level.
- Lead specific strategy focus areas / projects.
- Develop and own a pipeline of new business opportunities to grow the business.
- Work with bid teams and help to lead client proposals and presentations.
- Lead specific assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Develop network / build relationships cross stream and sector, in the UK and with BDO offices, clients and targets overseas.
- Accountancy qualification with relevant experience
- Excellent people management and development skills including mentoring, counselling, appraising
- Experience in managing large, international client-facing projects
- Experience to advise on and implement financial systems, processes and controls
- Experience of accounting within the financial services sector with up to date knowledge, including within one or more of the asset management, banking and capital markets and insurance sectors
- Experience in managing ongoing operations using, or within, a shared service centre and / or experience project managing multi-country outsourced services.
- UK GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP reporting experience
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
BDO is the UK member firm of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest accountancy network, with more than 1,200 offices in 138 countries. BDO are building a strikingly different business, focused on exceptional client service. Their accounting services span Audit, Advisory and Tax with clients ranging from large multinational listed companies to private ones. We are actively recruiting across all streams for exceptional candidates.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert