Assistant Finance Business Partner
- Hays Senior Finance
- Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- GBP32500.00 - GBP38500.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Education and training
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Assistant Finance Business Partner Bradford, Hybrid £32,500-£38,500 (DOE)
Do you want to be a part of a forward thinking, modern and one of the greenest organisations in their sector?
Well look no further..
Our client is looking for a permanent an Assistant Finance Business Partner to join their forward-thinking, modern and dynamic organisation.
Your new role
- Provide robust strategic financial planning advice and guidance to the Dean/Director and other Senior Managers to enable them to acquit their financial responsibilities
- Aid in the development detailed medium/long term financial strategies that are financially sustainable including financial plans and forecasts
- Represent Finance as Project Assurance on University Investment Projects as appropriate, this will require monthly spend analysis, performance against budget reporting and attendance at Project Board meetings to deliver the finance report.
- Provide expert knowledge and advice of the University procedures, funding sponsor rules and regulations, supporting academics with multidisciplinary grants co-ordinating with collaborating researchers nationally and internationally.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this role, you must be part or fully qualified with a recognised accountancy degree, experience of management accounting, financial planning, budget preparation and control, ability to operate independently, with good decision making skills. You must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of colleagues, academic and administrative, financial and non-financial, within and external to the University. The right candidate will have excellent proactive and innovative forward thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to be decisive and command support. Experience of managing externally funded grants post-award/Charity Accounting is highly desirable but not essential.
- Flexible working options available.
- Hybrid working options
- 35 days annual leave with chance to buy up to 10 more days
- Excellent 13% pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert