External Audit Senior Manager - Banking & Capital Markets
- City of Edinburgh
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
Banking and Capital Markets (B&CM) Audit is the market leading banking audit practice, with an extensive portfolio of flagship clients ranging from global banks through to brokers, challenger banks and FinTechs. Our team of 650 experts deliver audit services to our clients from offices across the UK.Joining B&CM will give you the opportunity to work on both large and smaller audits. There is a broad range of client roles to align to your interest or give you a new challenge. Understanding our clients’ businesses and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is of utmost importance in upholding the highest levels of audit quality.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.
Our values define how we do things. And our purpose is why we exist - now more than ever - to build trust in society and solve important problems for our clients and our communities. In a world we no longer recognise, we need to rely on the strength and agility of our people to help us to navigate these uncertain times.
We're committed to ensuring that care and our people's wellbeing remains central to our culture. While we may not know what’s ahead, we can do all we can to help shape the future. As we continue to navigate this unprecedented time, it’s important that we support our people, to help them take care of themselves and to ensure the right support is available when it’s needed.
For now, we ask you to join our talent network and stay in touch with what’s happening in real time, including new possibilities as they arise. Visit our website for more information on how we’re responding to this pandemic and what changes we’re making to our recruitment process.
Stay safe and stay connected in this rapidly changing world.
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. Opportunities for you to sharpen your skills, collaborate with experts, build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
Our offer to you...
· Be part of the world’s leading professional services network and enjoy the benefits that come with that.
· Meet and collaborate with highly talented people from diverse backgrounds, developing new ways of thinking, creating value for you, for PwC and for our clients.
· Work in a challenging and stimulating environment where you’ll be inspired to reach your full potential.
· Identify and develop your skills, build on your existing strengths and discover new ones you didn’t know you had. Watch your expertise and influence grow with us.
The PwC deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. All whilst making an impact in a place where people, quality, and value, mean everything. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
What you need to bring to us
Your intellect, willingness to learn, ability to build relationships, put yourself in others’ shoes, while always making a positive impact with our clients and each other.
The skills, insights and connections you develop at PwC are career defining wherever your career may take you. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. Take it.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert