Technical Audit Manager
- Michael Page
- London, England
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Client DetailsThis top 20 accountancy firm has a Technical Department which is responsible for audit and accounts technical advisory, technical communication, development of firm's policies on technical matters, the firm's response to new auditing and financial reporting standards, supporting National Audit initiatives such as data analytics, certain technical training delivery, supporting audit quality monitoring and maintaining the firm's technical resources, including library facilities.
The successful applicant will be expected to undertake the following activities within the Manager - Technical role:
- Responding to technical audit and accounts queries from client teams on the internal technical helpdesk
- Performing technical reviews of IFRS financial statements
- Maintenance and review of technical intranet
- Support for technical projects such as implementation of new auditing and financial reporting standards
- Supporting improvements in audit quality and other firmwide initiatives such as data analytics
- Training activities such as delivering internal 'bitesize' training videos, preparation of training materials to support director/RI training sessions, other ad hoc
- ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record.
- The successful applicant is likely to have gained Audit Manager grade experience in another UK practice firm and have an interest in technical and training matters.
- You will be required to present training material to Partners and staff and therefore experience in giving presentations is desirable.
- Candidates are expected to have excellent IT skills.
- Competitive salary
- Varied and challenging workload
- Potential for progression
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary.
- Company car as per Managers' Car Scheme.
- Eligibility for the firm's Profit-Sharing Plan.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Private Medical - entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert