Interim Management Accountant
- Michael Page
- Bristol, England
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
To support the Financial Controller and wider finance function in the production of quality, timely and insightful financial information.
Our client is a fantastic, well established and funded, multi-site Retailer based in Bristol.
The Interim Management Accountant will:
- Ensure that the preparation of the monthly management accounts is produced to the standards required and within timetables suitable for both Division and Group purposes.
- Prepare monthly Asset Fleet, Stock, Margin and Retrospective Customer Rebate reporting, as part of the monthly management accounts.
- Analyse and provide commentary on variance against budget and monthly movements.
- Prepare and fully document monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Financial Controller with review of the management accounts and associated reporting.
- To provide accounting support to Operational Management (as directed) including review of P&L's.
- Contribute to the build of the annual budget and fulfilment of group requirements.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the compilation of data throughout the year as part of the audit process.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the delivery of prepared audit information when required.
The ideal Interim Management Accountant will have:
- Retail/ Wholesale/ FMCG experience desirable.
- Demonstrate advanced skill with the full range of Microsoft Office programmes, particularly with Excel.
- Preferably would have experience with Power BI.
- Possess a flexible attitude towards working hours.
- Hold a valid driving licence.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Interim Management Accountant can expect £50,000-60,000 + bens dependant on experience and calibre.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert