MAT Cover Financial Accountant
- Hays Senior Finance
- Leicestershire, England, Melton Mowbray
- Up to GBP55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
FTC Financial accountant for MAT cover 8-9 months £55,000 pro rata
Your new company
You will be working for a large food manufacturer based in Melton Mowbray
Your new role
* Own the accounting processes and create a strong control framework resulting in clear audit reviews
* Own the trial balance (P&L and Balance Sheet) and monthly/annual statutory reporting process, completing it to a high standard of accuracy, with clear explanation of variances and meeting all local, Group, and external deadlines
* Provide information to the wider business arising from the preparation of the monthly accounts, allowing understanding of the business' financial performance and opportunities for cost control
* Manage the relationship with the ledger functions located at the Shared Services Centre, ensuring that site and SSC operate in a coordinated and efficient manner
* Manage the ledger support provided on site to ensure that backlog is kept to a minimum, queries from SSC are resolved in a timely fashion, and workload to site is appropriately distributed
* Provide oversight of the weekly cash forecasting process to ensure that forecasts are accurate over the short to medium term, identifying and actioning opportunities identified to improve the forecasting model
* Prepare/review balance sheet reconciliations, including resolution of differences and issues identified. Preparation of quarterly provisions review and monitoring of provision levels
* Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of information for inclusion in Budgets, CYE forecasting, etc. to meet the reporting requirements of the business, considering the impact of any business changes
* Lead day-to-day management of the Assistant Financial Accountant and Financial Accounts Assistant, including team development, talent identification, and management
* Actively support the business to understand cost drivers and improvement opportunities
* Qualified ACA or ACCA
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience working as a financial accountant within a busy accounts department ideally within the food industry or FMCG
* Experience managing a team * Excellent Excel Skills
What you'll get in return
* Competitive salary of £55,000 pro rata
* 8-9 month fixed term contract
* 2 days working from home
* The possibility of going temp to perm
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert