Financial Accountant job in a nationally recognised charity, outskirts of Reading, 15 months FTC. Up to £50k
Your new company is a nationally recognised charity based on the outskirts of Reading. Set in beautiful surroundings this organisation offers flexible hybrid working and excellent life / work balance
Your new role reporting to the Financial Controller your key responsibilities will include
- Responsibility for year end accounting process ensuring production of year end statutory accounts and consolidated financial statements in accordance with SORP and applicable accounting standards
- Providing analysis and data to the external auditors and being a key contact during the audit
- Responsibility for monthly control, analytical review and reporting of the balance sheet to ensure all internal reporting requirements are met and development of supporting controls and practices
- Responsibility for preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Work with Financial Controller to develop financial accounting processes and controls to ensure tax compliance
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Proven experience of statutory reporting
- Working knowledge of VAT
- Technical knowledge of UK GAAP
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player who can work on own self motivation
What you'll get in return is a competitive salary, up to £50,000 plus an excellent benefits package. 35 hour working week with flexible hybrid work pattern, 2 days in the office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.