Audit Senior Manager - Real Estate sector
- Michael Page
- England, London
- GBP75000 - GBP85000 per annum
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £70,000 - £80,000, £80,000 - £90,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
This large, growing firm is looking for an Audit Senior Manager for their Real Estate sector team.
This large accountancy practice has one of the largest and experienced real estate teams in the UK. They work with a range of real estate businesses including large UK and global private and listed businesses as well as privately owned, start-up and entrepreneurial organisations.
You'll be joining as a vital member of this growing and dynamic team. You'll be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
- Act as audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.
- Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients.
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
- Take part in wider practice management at local level.
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
- Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Participate in Key Account Management.
- Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area.
- Engage with clients more directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Previous Senior Manager in practice.
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework..
- Able to demonstrate the development of an industry network.
- Strong real estate / construction experience.
- Feel valued and rewarded
- Highly competitive starting salaries
- Remuneration packages that ensure pay always positively reflects performance
- 28 days' holiday
- Access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Income protection insurance
- A range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert