Centre of Excellence Senior Manager
- Greater Manchester
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
A career in our Audit Centre of Excellence practice will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions in PwC that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts.
The CoE executes delivery in the most complex and judgmental areas of our audits (e.g. Pensions, Share Based Payments, Audit of Tax), enabling individuals to build deep technical expertise in one or more of these highly complex areas, as well as working with a range of clients of every shape and size.
Enabled by cutting edge technology you’ll work virtually on various audit engagements with businesses of varying sizes, industries and complexities. You’ll develop specialist audit knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our audits. You’ll also drive innovation across our complex areas including; pensions assets and liabilities, share based payments, and the Audit of Tax.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll lead a team of forward-thinking individuals to deliver high quality audits. You’ll be responsible, alongside the audit engagement leader, to develop and nurture relationships with our client’s senior leaders and work with them to plan the audit process from beginning to end. A rewarding career path awaits - join our team to develop yourself as a strategic leader, benefit from the wide range of development opportunities at PwC alongside contributing to the success of the audit business.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading large multi-location, often international, teams using your people and relationship management skills to deliver high quality audit work from project planning to completion;
- Developing trusted senior client relationships and demonstrating curiosity that allows you to have insightful conversations and provide appropriate challenge during the Audit;
- Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC to bring insight to the organisations we audit. This includes managing specialist teams supporting the audit, building consensus around conflicting views and making recommendations where appropriate;
- Leading the delivery of the areas of complex or judgemental audit work, including identifying issues, analysing multiple data points to draw informed conclusions and clearly articulate these conclusions in written and verbal form to senior stakeholders;
- Ensuring the team’s audit documentation meets the highest standards, reviewing financial statements to ensure they comply with relevant requirements;
- Managing the financial and resource aspects of Audit engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach throughout;
- Leading internal projects supporting PwC and the lines of service, as well as acting as a role model, mentor and coach for junior staff members in your business unit;
- Putting the team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations; and
- Encouraging an inclusive team environment that promotes innovative thinking, collaboration and constructive challenge - helping people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Be Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
- A high level of experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and be highly skilled in using international standards on auditing;
- Highly developed project management skills and a strong track record of managing larger or more complex audits to the highest standard from planning to completion;
- Has the ability to communicate complex or contentious audit matters clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form to colleagues and senior client stakeholders;
- Has the ability to offer considered points of view in client conversations around broader industry topics and provide knowledgeable challenge to senior clients in the context of an audit; and
- Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self-development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.
Our values define how we do things. And our purpose is why we exist - now more than ever - to build trust in society and solve important problems for our clients and our communities. In a world we no longer recognise, we need to rely on the strength and agility of our people to help us to navigate these uncertain times.
We're committed to ensuring that care and our people's wellbeing remains central to our culture. While we may not know what’s ahead, we can do all we can to help shape the future. As we continue to navigate this unprecedented time, it’s important that we support our people, to help them take care of themselves and to ensure the right support is available when it’s needed.
For now, we ask you to join our talent network and stay in touch with what’s happening in real time, including new possibilities as they arise. Visit our website for more information on how we’re responding to this pandemic and what changes we’re making to our recruitment process.
Stay safe and stay connected in this rapidly changing world.
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. Opportunities for you to sharpen your skills, collaborate with experts, build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
Our offer to you...
· Be part of the world’s leading professional services network and enjoy the benefits that come with that.
· Meet and collaborate with highly talented people from diverse backgrounds, developing new ways of thinking, creating value for you, for PwC and for our clients.
· Work in a challenging and stimulating environment where you’ll be inspired to reach your full potential.
· Identify and develop your skills, build on your existing strengths and discover new ones you didn’t know you had. Watch your expertise and influence grow with us.
The PwC deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. All whilst making an impact in a place where people, quality, and value, mean everything. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
What you need to bring to us
Your intellect, willingness to learn, ability to build relationships, put yourself in others’ shoes, while always making a positive impact with our clients and each other.
The skills, insights and connections you develop at PwC are career defining wherever your career may take you. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. Take it.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert