Finance Business Partner
- Michael Page
- England, Fareham, Hampshire
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
I have recently been engaged on a very exciting Finance Business partner role focusing on the research and development side of the business which is crucial for the growth of the organisation and their products. This role is a great opportunity for a commercial accountant to use their experience to add value to an already flourishing business.
Our client is a fantastic organisation with a highly innovative product that this role will have great insight to due to being focused on the R&D side.
- Part of small Business Partner Team embedded in the multi sited Maritime Division of a multi-national company
- Support running monthly and quarterly opex reporting for the Sales & R&D organization, including budgeting/forecasting & reporting that support local managers through to divisional leadership team
- Owner of divisional Capex (CPR) process from approval through to forecasting & reporting
- Utilise data modelling skills to act as the Business Finance poc for inputs into Business Cases for project reviews, objectively reviewing the base assumptions, pricing, product costs and project investments
- Post launch Business Case evaluation to compare actual performance against Business Case assumptions and lessons learnt
- Managing and liaising between project managers, financial accountants, and external consultants to ensure that the annual R&D Tax Credit is claimed is submitted.
- Support the FP&A Manager in reporting on product, regional & customer profitability and translating data into actionable insights and recommendations to drive margin expansion and improve overall profitability.
- Support aspects of the weekly reporting, monthly forecasting, and annual Budgeting processes to ensure sound reporting and analysis is available through BPC Data Warehousing and other reporting systems (Anplan/OneStream)
- Owner of divisional Revenue SOX reporting requirements
- Within approval limits, approve certain Balance Sheet reconciliations (Blackline)
- Act as finance approver of PO's (SAP) relating to divisional activity
- Ad-hoc business accounting duties as directed
- A recognized accounting qualification (eg. CIMA, CPA, ACMA or ACCA)
- Advanced Excel essential including MS SQL query awareness and complex business modelling
- Excellent in all other Microsoft Office products
- SAP knowledge highly desirable
- Other software system experience/awareness advantageous; BPC, OneStream, Anaplan, Blackline
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and with cross functional teams at multiple locations
This is an opportunity to take on a really exciting role with a lot of exciting projects to get involved in.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert