Group Reporting Accountant - Hybrid Working
- Hays Senior Finance
- Brierley Hill, West Midlands, England
- Up to GBP50000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
A permanent Group Reporting Accountant job paying £50k for a large manufacturing business in Brierley Hill.
£50,000 per annum
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with a large, PE backed manufacturing organisation based in Brierley Hill as they look to recruit a Group Reporting Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Our client is a world leader in their field with operations all over the world. The Group has experienced strong growth in recent years, both organically and through acquisition, and have plans in place for this continue.
Your new role
Reporting into the Director of Financial Reporting, you will form part of a well-established corporate finance function and work specifically for a team that is responsible for the Group's internal and external financial reporting.
- Assist the Director of Financial Reporting in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the Group consolidation
- Play a lead role in the administration of the Group's portfolio of leases under IFRS16 and be responsible for actioning all direct postings in relation to IFRS16 lease entries
- Responsible for monitoring all of the Group's intercompany accounts (P&L and balance sheet)
- Responsible for the accounts of a range of holding companies including monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting and completion of local GAAP statutory accounts where necessary
- Provision of monthly reporting to Group CFO and other key stakeholders
- Assist with the year-end process including the review of subsidiary submissions, preparation of disclosure notes and provision of analysis to external audit team
- Build relationships and business partner with finance teams across the globe
- Provide advice and support on technical accounting issues
- Liaise with divisional finance teams to reconcile between entity IFRS results and local GAAP statutory accounts
- Assist in global financial process development, maintenance and improvement
- Other ad hoc tasks as required including project work
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA preferred) looking for their first move into industry from a 'Big 4' or mid-tier accountancy firm
- Technically sound with in-depth IFRS knowledge and a good understanding of key day-to-day financial tasks
- Manufacturing experience (direct or indirect highly desirable)
- Ability to deliver accurate results to tight deadlines and possess high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Systems literate and strong Excel skills (VLookUps, Pivot Tables, Formulas etc.)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £50,000 per annum and the chance to join a well-established and forward-thinking organisation that are on a steep growth trajectory. You will benefit from 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension, healthcare scheme, life assurance and hybrid working (2 days in the office and 3 days WFH).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert