Interim Senior Financial Accountant opportunity available. Public Sector Organisation based in Barnsley.
My client is a large, highly-regarded public sector organisation based in the Barnsley area who are looking for an Interim Senior Financial Accountant to join their team for a 6 month period. They are offering up to £54,619 equivalent on a daily rate and a flexible working pattern with only 1 to 2 days a week on site.
The responsibilities of the Interim Senior Financial Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the organisation asset register is updated and maintained to provide accurate and complete reports of all assets held and that there are effective controls in place for the management, recording and disposal of assets.
- To explain, advise and assist managers, budget holders and other staff within finance in interpreting highly complex rules relating to the capitalisation of expenditure and the classification of assets.
- To review and authorise monthly depreciation journals ensuring that a reconciliation between the fixed asset register and General Ledger is carried out on a quarterly basis.
- To undertake highly complex and detailed calculations using own judgement to produce forecast capital charge costs for the next financial year to be included in prices.
- To plan and organise regular audits of the organisations' assets ensuring that assets at all sites are verified in the most effective manner over a 12 month rolling period.
- To undertake an annual impairment review and highlight potential risks to the year end financial position.
- Responsible for the production of a monthly balance sheet, funds flow and cash flow statement together with a year end forecast based on current knowledge and 'best estimates' for inclusion in the Board performance report.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIPFA) ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience within a Financial Accountant position ESSENTIAL
- Previous line management experience ESSENTIAL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills ESSENTIAL
- Be immediately available or on a week's notice period ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience within a public sector organisation DESIRABLE
Up to £54,619 equivalent on a daily rate + Interim Financial Accountant opportunity + weekly pay + hybrid working + Immediate start