FP&A Analyst/Finance Business Partner
- Michael Page
- Cheadle, England, Greater Manchester
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Science and technology
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Your role of FP&A Analyst will focus on analysing the businesses financial, operational, marketing and strategic performance in order to hit targets and drive the business forward. You will be maintaining a budget tracker, trending forward material variances and feeding it back to senior management, daily trend analysis on operating KPIs versus budget and prior periods.
My client is a Private Equity backed Fin-Tech business that are turning over sub £50 million. They are at a critical point in their deal cycle which makes for an exciting time to join the business. They are on a mission to become the UK's market leader in their industry.
- Building commercial and operational business cases in collaboration with the project owners
- Involvement in the annual budget process and H2 reforecast, as well as any ad hoc forecasting requirements
- Accurate and timely forecasting and monthly reporting of performance against budget/forecast.
- Tracking and reviewing the performance of investment projects and operational changes, e.g. website optimisation
- Product and customer gap analysis to guide the business' focus toward the most financial effective segments of the market
- Working with the business to ensure we have the right information, presented in the right way, and distributed through the right medium and frequency
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- This role would suit someone who is Audit trained and then has subsequent Adivsory experience or someone who is Industry trained with solid FP&A experience
- You will also need to have excellent communication skills both written and verbal as you will collaborating with other areas of the business on a regular basis.
- You will also need to have previous experience in data analysis and insight, as well as strong analytical and data gathering skills
- You must also be motivated to take ownership of own work and seek further responsibility. Attention to detail / able to self-review, advanced excel skills, maths and numeracy skills is a must have!
- Experience of Power BI, financial modelling and large data sets not essential but would be a bonus!
- You should have a keen eye for detail, with excellent communication skills and an exploratory mindset.
A competitive salary with up to a 20% bonus. You will also be reporting into a fantastic Head of FP&A and Finance Director. The business also has a great culture with lots of socials.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert