- Michael Page
- England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
- GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum + plus 25 days holiday and bonus
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Business and management
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
PE Backed business in Manchester City Centre looking to hire a Management Accountant.
I am working with a fast growing PE backed business in Manchester who are looking to hire Management Accountant in to their high calibre group finance team. This business is on a buy and build strategy, acquiring companies at rapid rate. There is a lot of career progression on offer in this role given the expansion and the team you'll be working with.
This role reports in to the Group Reporting Manager and will involve the following
- Running the month end process and assist in preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts for the Group within agreed time frame.
- Deliver consolidated statutory accounts for the Group within agreed time frame, in conjunction with GRM.
- Assist GRM in managing the Group year end audit and be one of main contacts for auditors and other external advisors.
- You will be responsible for preparation and reviewing month end results, including balance sheet control and P&L analysis Be one of main contacts at Group for providing technical financial reporting advice to the firms in the Group.
- As a Management Accountant you will support and mentor our Assistant Management Accountants through their development and studies, providing you with an opportunity to hone your management experience for your future careers.
- You will possess a 'can-do' attitude, with a high level of attention to detail, enabling the preparation of high-quality management accounts and insight into business performance.
- Assist in managing the Group Balance Sheet.
- Develop good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. hub leaders and FCs, banks, auditors etc.)
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong experience of producing management accounts.
- Excellent communication skills required in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Professional Services an advantage.
- Experience of using Board and Xero accounting packages an advantage.
- Comfortable to be working in an environment of rapid and continuous change.
The salary on offer is up to £50,000 plus a bonus with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays. They are based in the city centre and have a hybrid working policy, 1-2 days a week in the office. This role and business can offer lots exposure and will be able enhance your CV and career.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert