Group Finance Manager
- Michael Page
- Newbury, England, Berkshire / Reading, Berkshire, England / England, Basingstoke, Hampshire
- GBP70000 - GBP75000 per annum + bonus, pension, healthcare, car
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Science and technology
- Salary band
- £70,000 - £80,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
The Group Finance Manager is responsible for preparing the group's monthly management reporting, providing critical support to the Group Financial Controller and developing the Group Assistant Accountant.
A Blue Chip, multinational Technology company with a fantastic reputation for being an employer of choice.
- Produce the consolidated month end reporting and analysis.
- Produce statutory accounts for 4 UK holding and 1 UK trading companies and ensure auditor sign off within group deadlines.
- Oversee accounting for two companies in Sweden (monthly reporting, statutory accounts and regular transactions).
- Ensure monthly timetable is adhered to and deadlines are achieved.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing reporting processes.
- Assess group accounting for specific transactions and ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Review of entity results to ensure good understanding of movements.
- Upload and review of results for French group and calculation of associated acquisition accounting entries.
- Establish, and update as necessary, accounting policies.
- Act as a source of technical guidance to regional Finance Directors and their staff.
- Support the Group Financial Controller to ensure quarterly and annual audits run smoothly and no audit adjustments are required.
- Act as a key contact for Group Finance colleagues in Japan.
- Involvement in budget & forecast processes including: Intercompany sales, group consolidation and balance sheet/cash flow preparation.
- Assistance in ongoing support for consolidation tool (Tagetik).
- Manage and develop one direct report (Group Assistant Accountant).
- Ad hoc projects.
ACA or other recognized professional qualification
Time spent working for mid to large tier accounting firm
Experience of working in a pressured environment
Ability to interact at senior management and Board level
Strong systems/process background; knowledge of Tagetik would be highly favored
English speaker; Japanese and French language skills would be a bonus but are not required
Leadership & Motivation Skills
Communication, Team-working & Interpersonal Skills
£60,000 - £70,000 PA
2 days per week Hybrid.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert