In a nutshell:
A fantastic role in our Tax team for an individual looking to develop their career further to becoming a specialist Tax Advisor. You will support and manage the delivery of compliance and advisory services to our well-established portfolio of OMB/SME and large corporate clients.
Our Tax department is led by 13 Tax partners with 130 staff spread over the firm's nine offices working collaboratively across a multi-discipline of taxes.
This role can be based within a reasonable distance to our Bristol, or Taunton offices, with a view to working out of the office two days per week.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Supporting senior colleagues in activities ranging from preparing corporation tax computations and returns to advisory work such as capital allowances or R&D claims
- Undertaking tax technical research for wider projects
- Undertaking a number of tax related administrative tasks
- Becoming involved with the business development efforts of the team
- Helping to build and maintain contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms, in the delivery of an excellent client service.
- Working alongside audit colleagues on annual tax assignments
- Assisting transactional tax work
- Previous experience in a tax compliance role, either at Assistant or Senior level
- CTA and / or ACA qualified (or willing to work towards the CTA qualification)
- Excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Be fully aware and conversant with compliance standards imposed by the various regulatory authorities for tax and audit
- Commercially astute, with a keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Previous experience of Alphatax would be useful
- Sociable and enjoys being part of a wider team
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include:
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family and cycle to work.
Perks at work shopping platform, bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.