An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Group Accountant to join a leading technology company and work fully-remote as part of a high-calibre finance team as they transition to the next phase of growth.
My client is a leading PE-backed Technology business based in central London.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Group Accountant:
Lead the day-to-day activities associated with the monthly multi-currency consolidation of the Group results, quarterly forecast, annual budget and year-end process. This includes but is not limited to:
- Submitting monthly consolidation journals and central adjustments
- Completing a first review of the Group financials, and proactively working with the businesses within the Group on any errors in local submissions
- Detailed understanding and review of monthly foreign exchange movements
- Taking ownership of statutory accounts
- Liaising directly with external auditors
Assisting the Head Office Finance team with:
- management of intercompany loan balances. This involves but is not limited to, liaising with the Group Treasurer and US Treasury Manager, initiating cash transfers within the Group, tracking intercompany loans, calculating interest, and updating the associated loan documentation.
- cash flow forecast analysis
- monitoring utilisation of the Group's credit lines
- supporting the Group Treasurer with ad hoc analysis
The Group Accountant will be responsible for maintaining professional awareness of current and evolving IFRS standards, to assist the Head Office Finance team with the following:
- Providing guidance and training sessions to the businesses within the Group on any new IFRS guidance
- Proactive resolution of technical accounting queries from businesses within the Group, such as business disposal entries, lease modifications and FX accounting queries
The Senior Group Accountant needs to be a qualified ACA, preferably with a 'Big 4' background, with several years' post qualification experience, together with the following:
- Experience auditing or preparing large Group multi-currency consolidations
- Experience auditing or preparing statutory accounts (FRS 101)
- Technical IFRS accounting experience in areas such as IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IAS 21.
- Experience with acquisition/disposal accounting preferred but not required
- Experience within the IT/Technology/Electronics/Telecomms/Manufacturing and production sector ideal but not essential
Compensation package includes:· Salary circa £65-75k · 10% bonus scheme· 5:5.5% pension contributions· 25 days holiday with flex benefits· Fully remote working with occasional travel to London