Group Finance Manager
- Michael Page
- London, England / Hampshire, England, Basingstoke / England, Hampshire, Southampton
- GBP65000 - GBP75000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
The focus of the role will be around the group financial control of the IFRS 17 figures. You will bring your experience to oversee the technical accounting areas of the group as well as ensuring accuracy of reporting across the business.
100 years of being the nation's number 1 insurance business. My client are the most widely recognised insurance business in the UK with recent, new PE backers, it's never been a better time to join this fast growing, agile and employee focused business.
- Responsible for ensuring Group and relevant subsidiary accounts follow IFRS requirements
- Provide technical accounting support across the AA Group
- Responsible for ensuring the designated legal entity and subsidiary statutory accounts reflect the group controls, control frameworks and accounting standards
- Assist with monitoring of balance sheet reconciliations across the group
- Responsible for compliance with IFRS & FRS 101 accounting policies and including impact assessments for new accounting standards
- ACA Qualified
- Big 4 background required
- Audit Manager level experience
- Extensive working knowledge of IFRS accounting standard
- Experience gained in an accountancy practice environment with proven knowledge of all aspects of financial control
- Very strong technical accounting knowledge
£65,000 - £75,000
£5,400 Car Allowance
2/5 a week in the office (basingstoke / paddington)
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert