- Michael Page
- Leeds, England, West Yorkshire
- GBP45000 - GBP50000 per annum
- Closing date
- 9 Mar 2023
- Marketing, advertising, design and PR
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Opportunity to join a successful SME in Leeds as Financial Controller, reporting into the MD, with a dotted line to the group finance function. This is a varied and hands-on role, where you will have responsibility for the full remit of financial reporting, including budgeting, forecasting, monthly management accounts, financial controls and cash management. You will have two direct reports and will work closely with the wider business.
My client is a successful creative marketing agency based in Leeds. They work with household names, creating bespoke marketing campaigns for each of their clients, and have several departments within the agency to create and deliver campaigns. This is a great opportunity to join the team as Financial Controller, overseeing two direct reports, and working closely with the wider finance and leadership team.
As Financial Controller, your duties will include:
- Managing the annual financial planning and budgeting processes
- Regular updates to forecasting process, including forecasting salary and overhead costs
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including flash reports and group finance submissions
- Administration of and reporting from the agency management software
- Oversee accounting operations (sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll, cash posting and general ledger entries)
- Regular and ad hoc reporting to the group finance team
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively and creating a strong control environment
- Preparation and presentation of financial reports for Board meetings
- Responsibility for maintaining statutory records for the business in conjunction with external advisors
- Review and management of monthly and annual accounts production
- Oversee VAT, PAYE/NI and Tax duties, including corporation tax
- Cashflow management and forecasting
- Supervising and managing finance department staff
- Liaise with external accountants, auditors and advisors
- Liaise with external insurance brokers
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- Management experience (desirable)
- Experience of computerised accounting software and an aptitude for system improvements and developments
- Excellent IT and Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of Xero and Synergist (advantageous)
- Hands on individual, able to support colleagues and create a learning environment
- Experience of working with non-finance stakeholders at all levels
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary up to £50k (dependent on experience), plus package. They are operating a hybrid working pattern, with c.2-3 days a week in the office in Leeds city centre.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert