Head of Finance
- Michael Page
- England, Gloucestershire
- Closing date
- 8 Mar 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £70,000 - £80,000, £80,000 - £90,000, £90,000 - £100,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Michael Page is working on a retained basis to recruit a Head of Finance for a global SME based in Gloucestershire. As part of the UK leadership team, The Head of Finance will lead the entire finance function for two UK entities and report to the CFO based in Europe.
An acquisitive global engineering/manufacturing business with a strong operation in the UK are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to join the leadership team and run the finance function for two entities.
As part of the UK Leadership team the Head of Finance will contribute to the wider strategy, assist with business decisions, and manage the UK Finance Function:
Key Acountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Assessing organisational performance against both the annual budget and the Company's long-term strategy. Provide Strategic recommendations to the based on financial and commercial analysis and projections.
- Engage and manage external relationships to the organisation - Banking/insurance/Audit/Tax/Forex consultants/Legal - thereby ensuring that it's in line with strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the company's strategic plan.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial activities and control system.
- Ensure compliance to statutory obligations such as VAT, Payroll tax, Companies House, HMRC.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Group Monthly Reporting Package including Order Entry, Revenue, P&L, Cash flow forecasts (Vs Budget).
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Assist in the development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Remain up to date on best practices including state and federal law regarding taxation elements.
- Attend to queries raised and effective responses to statutory agencies like HMRC.
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions; supervise department staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy of financial and management reporting to financial institutions, executive management; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Guide and advise larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control for ad-hoc projects.
- Risk management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place.
- Manage foreign currencies - USD/EURO.
- Effective business risk management through effectual advice on the commercial matters across all sections of the organisation.
- Risk analysis of key investment decisions and advising on sound commercial resolution.
- Finance qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- A solid, in depth understanding of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of best practices in Accounting/ Finance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all pertinent UK legislative requirements.
- Strong business sense/general management sense.
- Advanced computer software skills including Excel and financial reporting software.
- Significant experience as a Financial Controller in a small to medium size Company
- A proven track record in the management of staff and accounting functions across multiple locations and multi-dimensional growing enterprise.
- Exceptional time management and able to solve problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability.
- Sound decision-making skills based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Results oriented and metrics driven.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert