Senior Tax Manager - (Head of Tax) In house
- Michael Page
- Bristol, England
- GBP70000 - GBP90000 per annum
- Closing date
- 8 Mar 2023
- Energy, utilities and mining
- Salary band
- £70,000 - £80,000, £80,000 - £90,000, £90,000 - £100,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
The position of Senior Tax Manager is a new but integral role within the group finance function. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of direct and indirect tax for the Group, both on an international and at a local level.
Our client are a global business with a purpose to protect and enhance the environment, by reducing global warming gases and preventing their release into the atmosphere. A very people driven business with all of the values to achieve the right outcomes!
The key responsibilities of this Senior Tax Manager - (Head of Tax), based in Bristol are:
- Tax Planning - Partner with advisors, local finance teams and Group finance and legal colleagues to ensure the best possible outcomes of planning initiatives and tax projects.
- M&A support - provide input to the Group M&A team on the tax implications of planned acquisitions and advise on optimal tax structuring options.
- UK Tax - Preparation of UK corporation tax computations, estimates and accruals. Liaison with relevant tax advisors on complex tax arrangements. Calculation of instalment payments.
- International Tax - Maintenance of all transfer pricing agreements including local and master files. Review of benchmarking activities and liaison with external tax advisors on new transfer pricing requirements and tax implications.
- Tax reporting - Quarterly reports to senior management and the board.
- Record keeping and Compliance - Timely and accurate filing of returns. Oversee filing of subsidiary tax returns by relevant finance managers and third party advisors. Keep informed of tax regulation changes and their impact to the Group position.
- Indirect Tax - Act in an advisory capacity for indirect taxes on an international scale, including awareness of implications for system requirements and any changes which may be required.
For this Senior Tax Manager - (Head of Tax) in Bristol, our client are looking for candidates who have/are:
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CTA, qualified by experience)
- Experience of international transfer pricing requirements
- Tax experience within an international Group
- Familiarity dealing with international tax laws and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of overseas withholding taxes and related accounting treatment
Highly Competitive Salary up to £85,000
2 days per week in the office.
Great company Culture
Opportunity to develop and progress you career
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert