Senior Business Advisor - Qualified Accountant
- Hays Senior Finance
- Suffolk, Ipswich, England / England, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge / Norfolk, Norwich, England
- benefits package
- Closing date
- 7 Mar 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000, £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Hays are working with a leading Accountancy and Business Advisory firm, to assist them in recruiting an ACA or ACCA Qualified Senior Business Advisor for their Business Services and Outsourcing team.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting their clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of their services across the firm both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, the BS&O team don't just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm's wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you'll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you'll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry's most exciting and varied roles.
As a Senior Business Adviser, you will join their vibrant and collaborative medical specialist team in East Anglia. You will be required to work closely with and support more senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the project. With this leading firm you can be yourself - they value you as an individual and want you to realise your career aspirations. They will give you the challenge and support you need to be able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Your professional development will be enhanced at all stages of your career. Very few firms can offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success.
In this role you will;
- Plan delivery of work on your own portfolio; plan bookings and prepare high-quality files for manager review
- Be proactive in seeking out support from peers and managers when faced with more complex issues
- Liaise with client to resolve queries before submitting accounts to manager for review
- Be the day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio, escalating issues to more senior members of the team where appropriate
- Prepare tax computations and tax returns for both partnerships and individuals in particular focusing on Pensions Annual Allowance for GPs
- Prepare superannuation reserve computations and both Type 1 and 2 superannuation certificates for review by manager
- Where applicable, review work of more junior team members on your portfolio, including briefings and monitoring of performance to ensure completion of the job
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Complete the client-take-on procedures for new clients, to include preparing engagement letters for manager and partner review
- Where appropriate, attend year-end client meetings with the Partner/Manager to develop your client relationships
Rewards & salary
Working for this leading firm will allow you to achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, they have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development. You will be able to be yourself; they recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. They are committed to agile working and offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand. You will received a competitive salary and extensive benefits package including study support if required.
Interested? Call Cara Whyte at Hays 07502372206 or apply on line
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert