Finance Manager/Cost Accountant
- Michael Page
- England, Macclesfield, Cheshire
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
My client is looking for a Cost Accountant to look after the Manufacturing division of the business. The purpose of the role will be to manage the month-end process for the division.
My client is a £200 million turnover group who are expanding internationally. They have a finance team of around 50 people and due to an internal restructure, this role has arisen.
- Month end posting and reconciliation of accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet control account reconciliations including inter company account
- Month end review of P&L account
- Posting of journal entries as required
- Month end inventory calculations
- Work closely with other members of the finance team responsible for this division
- Work closely with the divisional General Manager
- Effectively work towards set targets including strict month end deadline
- Assist with process improvements following the restructure
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment as a Cost Accountant
- Good MS Excel skills
- A values-led operator who acts as a beacon of integrity and trust and constantly demonstrates reliability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment
- Have a systematic approach to work and an eye for detail
A competitive package with a business which is growing and can offer a platform for progression.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert