- Michael Page
- England, Kent, Dartford
- GBP80000 - GBP90000 per annum + Bonus potential
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering, Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £80,000 - £90,000, £90,000 - £100,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
My exclusive Internationally owned, Private Equity backed client are seeking to appoint a new Commercially driven FD to partner with the General Manager, Operations, Sales and Marketing to help drive business forward.
You will report jointly to the GM locally and the Group Controller, whilst managing a small but effective team.
My client are a leading specialist manufacturing business who are leading the way in terms of technological advancements in their sector.
They have state of the art offices and R&D departments in Dartford, and also operate a retail operation across the country, so this is a mixed and varied role.
The parent company are a highly successful, Private Equity backed business who are now looking to drive further expansion in the UK Market through investment in people, processes, systems and products.
As The Finance Director you will take a hands on role in the development of a small finance team, as wel las reporting to the Group Controller in Europe, and the General Manager locally. This is a key role in the Senior Leadership Team locally and will also require you to engage and partner across the business include with sales, marketing and operations departments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete ownership of the UK Finance function including group accounting and management reporting, as well as managing the relationship with banks, auditors, lawyers and other external parties and trustees.
- Streamlining and developing financial processes, systems and procedures, whilst training and up-skilling your team.
- Managing Treasury, including the production of regular cash-flow forecasts and reporting.
- Leading on the budgeting and forecasting process.
This Finance Director role will also involve you commercially and you will:
- Be a key sounding board for the MD and SLT.
- Be involved in commercial decision making and strategy formation.
- Provide financial insight, drive profitability and challenge assumptions, steering all relevant KPIs
- Engage with key internal stakeholders and the board of directors to devise and deliver company strategy.
- Implement short-, medium- and long-term financial goals.
- Undertake investment appraisals and any potential M&A activity.
- Partner with the GM, sales and operational teams to promote financial awareness.
- Play a key role in supporting new projects, on-boarding customers etc
- Ensure efficient and cost improved facilities and safeguarding the local working capital & costs
- Oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements to the headquarter in Europe.
The ideal candidate for this Finance Director position will be formally qualified, commercially and technically strong, with experience in a similar role. Experience within a specialist manufacturing business would be beneficial.
You will be a strong business partner for the GM, Sales, Marketing and Ops teams, and will be a strong systems user. Exposure to SAP and Sage would be beneficial as well as strong Excel skills
You will be a trusted sounding board, able to challenge and offer advice internally, as well as be comfortable sitting face to face with customers on negotiations.
As well as an attractive base salary of up to £90,000 you will also receive the following benefits:
- Personal performance related bonus potential (plus a multiplier if company exceeds targets)
- Financial contribution to health care
- Auto-enrolment pension
- A mix of office and home-based working would be available, but there is a requirement to be a visible member of the SLT, so circa 4 days per week in the office would be preferred.
The offices are sleek and modern, with lots of parking available
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert